Suppose you have watched the movie ‘Run’, which is available on Netflix. In that case, you will have the question of what is meant by Trigoxin? and the other question that will trouble you is whether the Trigoxin drug exists or is imaginative. In the movie Run, the mother character gives the green-coloured pills to her daughter from her childhood. The drug makes her legs paralyzed, and she comes to know about drug usage from a pharmacist.
She was shocked, and the rest of the film moved on according to the story narration. But the leading theory about Trigoxin was in the movie, and it is a drug used for the dog to reduce canine leg pain or leg discomfort caused by sunburns, bites, and cuts.
Trigoxin has a similar name to the drug Digoxin used for blood pressure and treats heart diseases like atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, and heart failure. Digoxin medicine is the oldest drug, mainly used by the cardiology department. This digoxin medicine is for adults and children above three years of age.
Note: Any medicine, including Trigoxin or digoxin, should be taken only after a complete checkup with a doctor’s prescription.
Is Trigoxin Similar To Digoxin?
Based on many experts’ opinions, Trigoxin is a very similar name to digoxin. It’s already known that Digoxin medicine treats heart problems, and the digoxin was first isolated by Dr Sydney Smith in 1930 from the foxglove plant. This digoxin majorly controls higher heartbeats and skips heartbeat problems. One should take these medicines regularly; if overdosed, the person must face the consequences.
This medicine is available in the form of tablets and should be taken once or twice daily. This digoxin tab is majorly for treating heart failures or hemodynamic instability.
Side Effects of Trigoxin Alias Digoxin
The Trigoxin alias Digoxin is widely used for cardiac (Heart-related) conditions, and the side effects are common, but some are serious. Any medicine has a few side effects; besides that, this drug has some of the following side effects. They are listed below.
Very Usual Sides Effects
Some of the very common side effects are as follows.
- Loss of appetite: Many people have this most common side effect. It is the loss of appetite, which means the desire to consume food will be reduced, and in medical terms, it is called Anorexia. The loss of appetite leads to body weakness.
- Nausea: The consumers may feel vomiting after taking the digoxin medicine. It is one of the side effects. Take fluids in large amounts and try to reduce the solid foods if you are nauseous.
- Weakness: This side effect makes you tired and sleepy after taking the Trigoxin alias digoxin medicine. Taking some rest will give you relief from this sickness.
- Muscle pain: All the muscles in the body will get tired, which leads to muscle pain. To overcome this sickness try doing regular exercises.
- Stomachache: The most common side effect is stomachache. It will be in adults along with children. To overcome this, take plenty of water, and drinking salted water is also good at reducing stomach aches.
- Headache: This side effect can be controlled by rest and having plenty of water. These common side effects are not too severe, but some other side effects are very sensible.
Some Life-Threatening Side Effects
Along with common side effects, there are crucial side effects from consuming Trigoxin alias digoxin medicine. One should not take self-treatment but must consult doctors for proper treatment and medications. The following are the life-threatening side effects.
- Arrhythmia: Arrhythmia is the scientific name for cardiac arrhythmia which means irregularities in the heartbeat, including disturbance in breathing, chest pain, fainting, etc. If anyone has this trouble, consult the doctor immediately for proper treatment.
- Liver damage: This is one of the side effects of Trigoxin alias digoxin medicine. The symptoms of liver damage are yellowing of eyes and skin, loss of appetite, dark urine, and vomiting. If these symptoms are in the body, consult the doctor for proper medications.
- Allergic reactions: The allergic reactions may look like usual, but it is one of the severe side effects of digoxin. It may cause swelling of the face, lips, and throat, difficulty breathing, and hives. It’s better to consult a doctor as soon as possible if these symptoms are identified in the body.
- Kidney damage: Consuming digoxin medicine may cause kidney damage. The symptoms are weakness, reduced amount of urine, swelling of the feet, and fatigue. Anyone facing these symptoms must consult a doctor to get quick treatment.
Points To Remember While Taking Trigoxin (digoxin) Medicine
As noted above, anyone can take this medicine only after complete verification of illness and with a proper doctor’s prescription.
- Make sure of digoxin medicine dosages prescribed by the doctor and follow them without any irregularity. If you miss any of the doses, it’s better to skip that and start with the regular doses of medicine.
- Double-check the manner of taking the digoxin medicine, like before or after food, or not to have any energy fluids like cooldrinks, grape juice, etc. along with it.
- It is not a good choice for pregnant ladies to take this medicine as their daily dose. So try to avoid the digoxin and choose alternatives according to the doctor’s prescription.
- If you suspect any side effects while using this medicine, immediately stop taking these tablets and consult a doctor.
- This medicine should be stored at room temperature, and if you store it in a freezer, don’t forget to bring it to room temp before taking the pill. Please don’t make it wet; always keep it away from children.
- Checking the expiry date is a mandatory precaution, and take this medicine by swallowing, not by crushing or cutting into pieces or making it as powder.
- Regular blood tests are needed to verify while taking this medicine or after stopping taking this medicine.
Is Trigoxin a Dog’s Medicine?
If you watched the movie Run, they have this point that Trigoxin is for Dogs. The whole thing, like the name Trigoxin or the dog medicine, is an entirely imaginative narration from the film. There is no medical proof that Trigoxin medicine is for dogs. The movie makers used this name in their story to make the audience thrilled.
There are different medicines for animals. But, when coming to this Trigoxin medicine, there is no scientific proof or methods for proving Trigoxin is a dog’s medicine.
What Is The Purpose of Trigoxin Medicine In The Run Movie?
In the movie Run, the mother gives her daughter a green pill every day since her daughter’s childhood. The daughter was ill, and her legs were not working. When she suspects the green tablets, she decides to know about those pills. One day she manages to escape from her mother and goes to a pharmacist to get the details about the green tablets she has had since childhood. The pharmacist reveals that the green pills are to cure sunburns and leg injuries from cuts. But the mother uses that medicine to make her daughter’s legs numb and not fit for walking. But it’s all a made-up movie story, not the original purpose of the tablet.
Many experts have different perceptions of Trigoxin medicine. It is a million-dollar question without proper answers or proof. There is no such real drug called Trigoxin, and no one has made it. The word Trogoxin is used in the movie Run, and the story narration has brought a lot of popularity to the word Trigoxin. In this article, the complete information is based on the maximum perceptions of the experts who have profound research on these drugs.
One should consume any drug or medicine only after consulting a doctor, and a legal medical practitioner should prescribe the medicine. Don’t try to use any medicines without a proper prescription.
Be conscious and have excellent health.